Uber is the most valuable tech company in the world right now because it is providing ultimate value to the users. Gone are the days when you had to wait for cabs and waste your time. Through Uber you can now get a cab in minutes at your convenience. It has also opened up new possibilities for anyone who owns a car and wants to earn side income through it. By becoming a partner or a driver with Uber, you can earn money on ride basis by offering your car for rides on Uber. Let’s see the procedure and the requirements on how you can become a Uber partner or a driver.
Requirements for becoming a partner or a driver at Uber
- You need to be at least 21 years of age to be able to become an Uber driver or partner. If you are below this age, your application won’t be considered.
- The car you own must be an edition which came after the year 2000. Sometimes Uber also maintains that it will allow cars only those which are newer than the year 2005.
- There is a background check that the company conducts and you must pass them in order to start driving for Uber. This will be a thorough background check and you will be required to present documents for verification of your identity as well as your background.
- Even if you don’t own a car, Uber will help you in getting one so that you can become a partner or a driver.
- You will also need a smartphone which is newer than the iPhone 4s or any Android phone newer than 2013. But even if you don’t have a smartphone, Uber will get you one to become a driver.
After you meet these requirements, you simply need to sign up for becoming a partner on the official Uber site. You also need to upload the important documents such as driver’s license, PAN card and registration of the car among others.
Proofing to Become Uber Driver
The background check procedure sometimes takes time so you need to be patient. But if you live in a metropolitan city, chances are that you must be having an Uber office nearby. So you can choose to visit it at your convenience and the helpful support staff will streamline the process for you. You just need to give them your documents and they will verify it immediately. They will even conduct the vehicle inspection for free. After all this is done, you can then start driving with Uber and become a partner.
It is truly a great way to earn some additional income through your car. For many people it has also become a livelihood to drive for Uber and earn decent amount of money. So, if you were looking for how to get started with Uber and to become a driver for them, the above requirements and step might have been helpful for you. You can quickly arrange for the requirements and get your documents verified so that you can start driving for Uber.