Downloading is a term with which everyone is familiar. Today’s generation children are downloading games and teens are downloading apps and adults are downloading many things. Downloading movies or any document or any software of large sizes can sometimes take hours and are among the very common activities and by any chance the power goes out or networks are unavailable when the downloading has reached 50 or maybe 90 %? Then the progress made so far in downloading so far will also be wasted and you have to download from the beginning. That is why every individual should have Internet Download Manager.
What is Internet Download Manager?
Internet Download Manager is a tool that primarily increases the speed of downloading by five times but it also has many other features. It also schedules downloads and one of its biggest benefit is that you can resume downloading that could have been stopped by bad connection or computer shutdown or anything at any stage. Simple graphic user interface makes it user friendly and very easy to use and are supported by maximum browsers. Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that safely multipart downloading technology to accelerate your download and it features intelligent dynamic file segmentation.
IDM CC for Chrome
Many first time users face problems so here are few tips for chrome users –
- To update IDM to the latest version go to “IDM Help->Check for updates” menu item and then simply update
- To install IDM Integration Module extensions go to Chrome Menu and select settings and then select extensions.
- Now open IDM installation folder and drop “IDMGCExt.crx” file into extensions page opened in chrome.
- After installing extensions it is important to configure them correctly too.
- Make sure that IDM Integration Module is enabled and also if you are using incognito mode you need to click on Allow in Incognito mode.
IDM CC for Firefox 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 Versions
Here are tips for installation and updating of IDM CC –
- Browse for IDM CC and click the “Install” button once you find a trustworthy site. And immediately Firefox will prompt you to install the Firefox addon.
- Click “Allow” to the web site to install the addon in your browser and be sure it is trustable site or not.
- You will need to wait a few seconds until the “Install Now” button activates.
- Restart Firefox. After the restart you will see the latest version of IDM cc addon installed.
- That’s it! Go to Firefox > Addons to make sure that the IDM CC Addon is installed and enabled.
It is very important to know that these addons and updating them can only be done manually. They are not available on Play Store so do not get fooled. Also make sure that settings have been enabled for better use of the IDM and now simply download and enjoy.